IPL Season 16: IPL 2024 Teams and Players List
The Indian Premier League (IPL) is one of the most popular and exciting cricket tournaments in the world. With its fast-paced action, star-studded lineups, and intense competition, it has captured the imagination of fans around the globe. As we approach the 16th season of IPL, fans and experts alike are eagerly anticipating the return of their favorite teams and players to the field. In this article, we’ll take a look at the IPL 2024 teams and players list, and analyze the prospects of each team.
- Chennai Super Kings (CSK): One of the most consistent teams in IPL history, CSK boasts a strong lineup led by the legendary Mahendra Singh Dhoni. They have retained their core group of players, including Faf du Plessis, Ruturaj Gaikwad, and Ravindra Jadeja, and have added some exciting new talent in the form of Jhye Richardson and Adil Rashid.
- Delhi Capitals (DC): After reaching the finals in IPL 2021, DC will be looking to go one step further in 2024. They have retained their top performers from last season, including Shikhar Dhawan, Rishabh Pant, and Kagiso Rabada, and have added some quality all-rounders in Marcus Stoinis and Chris Morris.
- Kings XI Punjab (KXIP): KXIP had a disappointing season in 2021, finishing in the bottom half of the table. However, they have made some shrewd moves in the transfer market, bringing in Glenn Maxwell and David Warner to bolster their batting lineup. With Mohammad Shami leading the bowling attack, KXIP will be hoping to make a strong comeback in 2024.
- Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR): KKR had a mixed bag of a season in 2021, with some impressive performances interspersed with some lackluster ones. They have retained their core group of players, including Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, and Shubman Gill, and have added some exciting young talent in the form of Shivam Mavi and Kamlesh Nagarkoti.
- Mumbai Indians (MI): The defending champions and the most successful team in IPL history, MI are the team to beat in 2024. Led by the evergreen Rohit Sharma, they have retained their formidable lineup, including Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya, and Kieron Pollard. They have also added some quality players in the form of Glenn Phillips and Kyle Jamieson.
- Rajasthan Royals (RR): RR had a forgettable season in 2021, finishing at the bottom of the table. However, they have made some interesting moves in the transfer market, bringing in Liam Livingstone and Tabraiz Shamsi to add some firepower to their batting and bowling lineups respectively. Sanju Samson will lead the team in 2024.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB): RCB had a promising start to IPL 2021, winning their first four games, but faded away towards the end of the season. They have retained their star duo of Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers, and have added some quality players in the form of Wanindu Hasaranga and Tim Southee. With Kohli at the helm, RCB will be looking to go all the way in 2024.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH): SRH had a forgettable season in 2021, with injuries and poor form derailing their campaign. They have retained their top performers from last season, including Kane Williamson, Rashid Khan, and Bhuvneshwar Kumar, and have added some quality players in the form of Shrey.
Lucknow Super Giants (LSG): The IPL franchise team named Lucknow Super Giants, located in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, was established in 2021. Its principal owner is Sanjeev Goenka, and the team is captained by KL Rahul with Andy Flower serving as the coach. Gautam Gambhir is the team mentor. In their debut season, Lucknow Super Giants successfully qualified for the playoffs.
Gujarat Titans (GT): The Gujarat Titans is an IPL franchise cricket team hailing from Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. Established in 2021, they play their home games at Narendra Modi Stadium in Motera. The team is owned by CVC Capital Partners and is captained by Hardik Pandya while being coached by Ashish Nehra.
|Teams||IPL Teams Squad players list|
|Mumbai Indians||Rohit Sharma(c), Tim David, Ramandeep Singh, N. Tilak Varma, Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan, Tristan Stubbs, Dewald Brevis, Jofra Archer, Jaspreet Bumrah, Arjun Tendulkar, Mohd. Arshad Khan, Kumar Kartikeya Singh, Hrithik Shokeen, Jason Behrendorff, Akash Madhwal, Vishnu Vinod, Jhye Richardson, Piyush Chawla, Raghav Goyal, Duan Jansen, Cameron Green, Shams Mulani, Nehal Wadhera.|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||Faf du Plessis(c), Virat Kohli, Suyash Prabhudessai, Rajat Patidar, Anuj Rawat, Finn Allen, Dinesh Karthik, Mohammed Siraj, Karn Sharma, Siddarth Kaul, Josh Hazlewood, Harshal Patel, Akash Deep, Glenn Maxwell, David Willey, Mahipal Lomror, Shahbaz Ahmed, Wanindu Hasaranga, Reece Topley, Will Jacks, Himanshu Sharma, Manoj Bhandage, Rajan Kumar, Avinash Singh, R Sonu Yadav.|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||Shreyas Iyer (c), Narayan Jagadeeshan, David Wiese, Kulwant Khejroliya, Suyash Sharma, Lockie Ferguson, Harshit Rana, Venkatesh Iyer, Sunil Narine, Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Nitish Rana, Anukul Roy, Andre Russell, Rinku Singh, Tim Southee, Shardul Thakur, Varun Chakravarthy, Umesh Yadav, Vaibhav Arora, Mandeep Singh, Liton Das, Shakib Al Hasan.|
|Kings XI Punjab||Shikhar Dhawan(c), Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Shahrukh Khan, Prabhsimran Singh,
Jitesh Sharma, Jonny Bairstow, Arshdeep Singh, Raj Bawa, Nathan Ellis, Harpreet Brar, Rahul Chahar, Kagiso Rabada, Baltej Singh, Liam Livingstone, Rishi Dhawan, Atharva Taide, Sam Curran, Sikandar Raza, Harpreet Bhatia, Vidwath Kaverappa, Mohit Rathee, Shivam Singh.Book IPL Punjab Tickets
|Sunrisers Hyderabad||Aiden Markram(c), Rahul Tripathi, Glenn Phillips, Umran Malik, Fazal Haq Farooq, Kartik Tyagi, T Natarajan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Abdul Samad, Marco Jansen, Abhishek Sharma, Washington Sundar, Harry Brook, Mayank Agarwal, Heinrich Klaasen, Adil Rashid, Mayank Markande, Vivrant Sharma, Samarth Vyas, Sanvir Singh, Upendra Yadav, Mayank Dagar, Nitish Kumar Reddy, Akeal Hosein, Anmolpreet Singh|
|Delhi Capitals||David Warner (c), Rishabh Pant, Prithvi Shaw, Anrich Nortje, Axar Patel, Chetan Sakariya, Kuldeep Yadav, Philip Salt, Lalit Yadav, Lungi Ngidi, Mitchell Marsh, Mustafizur Rahman, Ishant Sharma, Praveen Dubey, Rovman Powell, Ripal Patel, Sarfaraz Khan, Khaleel Ahmed, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Yash DhullBatsman, Vicky Ostwal, Aman Khan, Rilee Rossouw, Manish Pandey, Mukesh Kumar.|
|Rajasthan Royals||Sanju Samson (c), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Devdutt Padikkal, Shimron Hetmyer, Jos Buttler, Dhruv Jurel, Kuldip Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Kuldeep Sen, Obed McCoy, KC Kariappa, Yuzvendra Chahal, Trent Boult, Riyan Parag, Ravichandran Ashwin, Jason Holder, Donovan Ferreira, Kunal Rathore, Adam Zampa, KM Asif, Murugan Ashwin, Akash Vashisht, Abdul P A, Joe Root.|
|Chennai Super Kings||MS Dhoni(c), Ravindra Jadeja, Ben Stokes, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Ambati Rayudu, Deepak Chahar, Devon Conway, Dwaine Pretorius, Mahesh Theekshana, Matheesha Pathirana, Mitchell Santner, Moeen Ali, Mukesh Choudhary, Prashant Solanki, Rajvardhan Hangargekar, Shivam Dube, Simarjeet Singh, Subhranshu Senapati, Tushar Deshpande, Ajinkya Rahane, Shaik Rasheed, Nishant Sindhu, Kyle Jamieson, Bhagath Varma, Ajay Jadav Mandal|
|Gujarat Titans||Hardik Pandya(c), Shubman Gill, Rashid Khan, David Miller, Rahul Tewatia, Matthew Wade, Vijay Shankar, Mohammad Shami, Wriddhiman Saha, Yash Dayal, Alzarri Joseph, Jayant Yadav, Abhinav Manohar, R Sai Kishore, Kane Williamson, Odean Smith, Pradeep Sangwan, B. Sai Sudharshan, Darshan Nalkande, Noor Ahmad, Urvil Patel, Srikar Bharat, Shivam Mavi, Joshua LittleBowler, Mohit Sharma.|
|Lucknow Super Giants||KL Rahul(c), Ayush Badoni, Karan Sharma, Manan Vohra, Quinton de Kock, Marcus Stoinis, Krishnappa Gowtham, Deepak Hooda, Kyle Mayers, Krunal Pandya, Avesh Khan, Mohsin Khan, Mark Wood, Mayank Yadav, Ravi Bishnoi, Nicolas Pooran, Jaydev Unadkat, Yash Thakur, Romario Shepherd, Amit Mishra, Prerak Mankad, Daniel Sams, Naveen-ul-Haq, Yudhvir Singh Charak, Swapnil Singh|