|Full Name||Timothy Grant Southee|
|Born||December 11, 1988|
|Birthplace||Whangarei, New Zealand|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm medium-fast|
Tim Southee is a professional cricketer from New Zealand who plays as a right-arm medium-fast bowler. He made his debut for the New Zealand cricket team in 2008 and has been an integral part of the team ever since. Southee has played in all three formats of the game and has been particularly successful in Test cricket. He has also played for several domestic teams including Northern Districts and Essex.
|Test||England||March 22, 2008||Napier|
|ODI||England||June 15, 2008||Chester-le-Street|
|T20I||England||June 13, 2008||Manchester|
|5-Wickets in Innings||11||3||0|
|10-Wickets in Match||1||–||–|
Records and Achievements
- Southee has taken 10 wickets in a match once in his Test career. He achieved this feat against England in March 2013.
- He has taken 7 wickets in an innings twice in his Test career.
- Southee is the youngest player to take 200 Test wickets for New Zealand.
- He has taken 6 five-wicket hauls in Test cricket and 3 in ODI cricket.
- In 2019, Southee was named New Zealand’s Test Player of the Year.
Tim Southee is currently playing for the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League 2023. He had a successful tour of India in late 2022, where he played a crucial role in New Zealand’s Test series win. He is also expected to play a key role in New Zealand’s upcoming tour of Australia in 2023.
You can follow Tim Southee on his official social media accounts: