Ramandeep Singh is a middle-order batsman who has been playing domestic cricket for Punjab since 2016–17. He made his IPL debut for the Mumbai Indians in 2022.
Singh had a breakthrough season in 2022–23, scoring 672 runs in 29 List A matches and 431 runs in 35 T20 matches. He was also picked up by the Mumbai Indians in the 2023 IPL auction.
Age: 26 (as of August 4, 2023)
- Domestic debut: 2016–17 Vijay Hazare Trophy for Punjab
- IPL debut: 2022 for Mumbai Indians
- Matches played: First-class: 28, List A: 59, T20: 64
- Runs scored: First-class: 1411, List A: 1925, T20: 938
- Wickets taken: First-class: 10, List A: 15, T20: 12
- Highest score: First-class: 128, List A: 140, T20: 69*
- Best bowling figures: First-class: 4/69, List A: 3/35, T20: 3/25
- Most runs in a season: List A: 672 (2022–23)
- Most wickets in a season: List A: 15 (2022–23)
- Singh is the youngest player to score a century for Punjab in the Vijay Hazare Trophy.
You can watch videos of Ramandeep Singh batting and bowling on YouTube.
Ramandeep Singh is a talented batsman who has the potential to develop into a star player for Punjab and India. He is still young and raw, but he has shown that he has the skills and temperament to succeed at the highest level.
In August 2023, Ramandeep Singh was picked by the India A team for a tour of Bangladesh. This is a testament to his impressive performances in domestic cricket.
Singh is a very exciting young cricketer and he is one to watch in the coming years.