Shahbaz Ahmed is a rising star in Indian cricket. He is a left-handed all-rounder who is known for his bowling and fielding. Ahmed is also a decent batsman and can hit the ball long and clean.
Ahmed made his T20I debut for India in 2022 and took two wickets on his debut. He has also played two ODIs for India and has taken three wickets. Ahmed is expected to play a key role in the Indian cricket team in the years to come.
In the IPL, Ahmed plays for the Royal Challengers Bangalore. He has been impressive in the IPL, taking 43 wickets in 38 matches. Ahmed is also a good fielder and has taken some brilliant catches in the IPL.
Ahmed is still a young cricketer, but he has already shown a lot of promise. He is expected to play a key role in the Indian cricket team in the years to come.
- Ahmed is a product of the Bengal cricket academy. He made his first-class debut for Bengal in 2018 and his List A debut in 2019.
- Ahmed was bought by the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the 2020 IPL auction for a sum of INR 4 lakh. He made his IPL debut in 2020 and has been impressive since then.
- Ahmed is a versatile cricketer who can bowl at different speeds and lengths. He is also a good fielder and can bat a bit as well.
- Ahmed is one of the most promising young all-rounders in India and is expected to play a key role in the national team in the future.
Age: 28 (as of September 20, 2023)
International Team: India
Domestic Team: Bengal
IPL Team: Royal Challengers Bangalore
Playing Role: All-rounder
Batting Style: Left-Handed
Bowling Style: Slow Left-Arm Orthodox
T20I Matches: 13
T20I Wickets: 10
T20I Batting Average: 19.67
ODI Matches: 2
ODI Wickets: 3
ODI Batting Average: 11.50
IPL Matches: 38
IPL Wickets: 43
IPL Batting Average: 29.43
- Shahbaz Ahmed takes two wickets on his T20I debut
- Shahbaz Ahmed hits a six off Jasprit Bumrah in the IPL
- Shahbaz Ahmed takes a brilliant catch in the IPL
- Shahbaz Ahmed named in the Indian squad for the T20I series against Zimbabwe
- Shahbaz Ahmed makes his T20I debut against Zimbabwe
- Shahbaz Ahmed takes three wickets in an ODI match against New Zealand